The New Hampshire Community Development Finance Authority will host a series of online webinars for organizations interested in applying for the Tax Credit and/or Community Economic Development Capacity Building Programs in 2022 or learning more. A video providing a brief overview of the Tax Credit program can be viewed here.
The Tax Credit & Community Economic Development Capacity Building Program Overview Webinars will be held on January 12 and January 19, 2022. Topics to be covered include an overview of the programs, eligible applicants, program objectives and guidelines, funding priorities, and key dates. Interested applicants only need to register for one of the program overview webinars as the same content will be covered at each event. Relevant links: Tax Credit Program Guide / Community Economic Development Capacity Building Program Guide.
- January 12 (10:00 AM – 12:00 PM): Tax Credit & Community Economic Development Capacity Building Program Overview Workshop – Register Here
- January 19 (2:00 – 4:00 PM): Tax Credit & Community Economic Development Capacity Building Program Overview Workshop – Register Here
Those interested in applying for funding are strongly encouraged to also attend one of the Tax Credit & Community Economic Development Capacity Building Application Writing Webinars specifically focused on the application process. These webinars will be held on January 13 and January 20, 2022. Topics to be covered include a step-by-step overview of the application. Interested applicants only need to register for one of the application webinars as the same content will be covered at each event. Relevant links: Tax Credit Program Application / Capacity Building Program Application.
- January 13 (10:00 AM – 12:00 PM): Tax Credit & Community Economic Development Capacity Building Program Application Writing Workshop – Register Here
- January 20 (2:00 – 4:00 PM): Tax Credit & Community Economic Development Capacity Building Program Application Writing Workshop – Register Here
Technical Assistance & Support
CDFA staff offers applicants technical assistance, guidance on program objectives, and instruction on how to successfully complete an application. Technical assistance is provided through workshops, one-on-one training, and pre-application meetings. Call the CDFA office (603-226-2170) or use “schedule a meeting” to schedule a pre-application meeting. In an effort to increase access, CDFA is offering the following support, in addition to pre-application technical assistance:
- Grant Writing Support: CDFA will provide qualifying applicants with financial resources to help prepare their applications. Please discuss your need during your pre-application meeting or see this page on Resource Hub to learn more.
- Fiscally Sponsored Projects: Please review the guidance on CDFA’s Resource Hub if you are planning to apply with a fiscal sponsor. Please reach out to us directly if you have questions or concerns about how to apply as a fiscally sponsored project.
CDFA staff will not review draft proposals. However, the team will be happy to direct you to outside consultants and resources that may be helpful in crafting a successful application.
About CDFA’s Tax Credit Program
The CDFA Tax Credit program allocates approximately $5 million worth of tax credits annually to community development projects on a competitive basis. Funds are allocated to specific projects or programs that are of public benefit, for a public purpose and can reasonably be expected to address one or more of the following objectives:
- Contribute to the development or redevelopment and economic well-being of target areas or target populations
- Contribute to the economic development of the state
- Increase or maintain threatened primary employment
- Provide affordable housing opportunities to low- and moderate-income people
Eligible applicants include community development corporations, other nonprofit organizations involved in community development, and employee and other types of cooperatives