The Community Development Finance Authority has published several Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for firms or consultants experienced within the child care sector, specifically with knowledge of the unique needs of family-based child care providers and the families they serve, to support the Statewide Family-Based Child Care Pilot Program. The full RFPs can be found at the links below.
- Program Administration: Consultant support for program administration of CDFA’s Family Child Care Program. Deadline: November 3, 2023.
- Program Evaluation: Consultant support for program evaluation of CDFA’s Statewide Family Child Care Pilot Program. Deadline: November 10, 2023.
- Marketing for the Statewide Family-Based Child Care Pilot Program: Develop branding guidelines and marketing materials to include, but not be limited to: direct mailers, resource cards, brochures, flyers, PowerPoint presentation template, email nurture campaign, etc. Deadline: November 10, 2023.
- Guide to Becoming a Family-Based Child Care Provider in New Hampshire: Create a comprehensive guide that provides information on how to become a family-based child care provider in New Hampshire. The information within the guide will be specific to family-based child care providers. Deadline: November 10, 2023.
- Small Business Pathways and Family-Based Child Care Provider Business Health Assessment: Create a feasibility framework for family-based child care providers to outline various business models and pathways for prospective and existing providers. Develop a comprehensive Family Child Care Provider Business Health Assessment to identify areas of opportunity and strength in a provider’s current business and operations. Deadline: November 10, 2023.
Preference will be given to the individual or entity with prior experience, an innovative approach and demonstration that they can deliver timely, impactful work.
Proposals should include qualifications, describe any recent project work in this or relevant field, and estimated costs. Electronic proposals must be submitted via email to: Attn: Melissa Latham, Director of Communications & Policy, email@example.com.
Statewide Family-Based Child Care Pilot Program
The Statewide Family-Based Child Care Pilot Program will focus efforts on supporting family-based child care providers to increase equitable access to quality, affordable child care for New Hampshire families. The pilot program will also provide the State of New Hampshire an understanding of the current landscape of supports and opportunities for family-based child care providers to help inform how it may approach the development of a Staffed Family Child Care Network as a long-term solution for the sector. The one-year pilot program will focus on engaging new and existing family-based child care providers.
Family-based child care providers are a distinct, essential and valued early care and education setting that require a unique and intentional focus. A strong network of family-based child care providers delivers quality care critical to the success of our children and enables New Hampshire families to participate in the workforce, increasing their ability to access economic opportunities while growing the state’s economy.
CDFA is centering equity in this work and prioritizing delivering resources in a way which provides communities, families and individuals what they need to grow and prosper in New Hampshire. We believe this approach will continue to provide quality care for families and encourages the long-term sustainability of providers as small business owners in New Hampshire.