TITLE: Community Development Assistant
REPORTS TO: Contract Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Temporary
SALARY RANGE: $18-22.00 an hour
The Community Development Assistant assists the NH Community Development Finance Authority (CDFA) team with various tasks including: contract development, loan processing and closing functions, training and technical assistance, correspondence and claim reviews. The duties listed are illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed other work will be assigned that is related and/or needed. The Community Development Assistant is scheduled to work a 15-hour week with some weeks requiring additional hours depending on need.
Examples of Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Carries out grant contract and loan document preparation functions in a timely, accurate manner.
- Provides quality customer service to internal and external parties.
- Sets up and maintains electronic and Grants Management System award files.
- Runs GMS-generated reports for tracking and distribution to internal staff.
- Performs first level claim review and approval to ensure compliance to federal, state, and programmatic requirements.
- Assists in compiling data for federal reporting obligations.
- Other miscellaneous functions, as needed to support the team.
Qualifications and Competencies: Graduation from High School or possession of GED; AS Degree or higher in Public Administration, Business Administration, Political Science or related field preferred; and two (2) years of related paid experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work. Experience working in an office, public agency or non-profit organization with regular interaction with members of a team and the public is preferred.
- Highly adept at operating a computer using Windows based standard or customized software applications appropriate to assigned tasks;
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both orally and in writing, using both technical and non-technical language;
- Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions;
- Ability to prepare and present accurate and reliable reports on administration activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the team, partners and the public;
- Loan processing and closing experience a plus;
- Effective ability to manage multiple tasks, organization and prioritization skills;
- Pays strong attention to detail; and
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently, and independently as well as within a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the NH Community Development Finance Authority not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CDFA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: CDFA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and References to: Contact@nhcdfa.org
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. In order to successfully perform the job, individuals must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position works in an office, and the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, i.e. copier toner.
- Works in a well-lit and smoke free office.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods.
- Involves periodic repetitive movement associated with keyboarding.
- Able to stoop, bend and move intermittently in order to do filing, move equipment or supplies necessary for job function.
- Requires frequent attention to detail/concentration on figures, paperwork, data, etc.
- Standard work pressures such as meeting deadlines and scheduling requirements.
- Frequent distracting influences such as people, phone calls, or other noise.
- Simultaneous handling of multiple tasks on a frequent basis.